Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Summer thrill

Last summer I finally convinced my mother not to completely freak out and let me ride the slingshot, or it was more like I ran away from her and went to ride it and when she saw them pulling me up she just held the metal and started praying.

I rode it with my brother and sister and after the guys tied us up they said that I’m the one who will have to pull the trigger when we get up and let us loose, it sounded to me as if he was saying “just go up that building and jump.”, just plain instructions and I told him in plain words that I don’t think I can do that but he ignored me and pulled us up. On the way up I was freaking out and holding my brother’s arm so hard I wonder how I didn’t break it or something. When it was time to pull the trigger, I decided that I need to fix my Hijab, just to buy some time you know, and then I got this idea, I will just pull it only a little bit and tell them it’s not working and I’m trying. What happened though is that I just did that and I didn’t realize what happened until I was halfway down – it actually worked and we were falling!

It was the most exhilarating experience ever, I came down and wanted to go up again but they didn’t let me. After doing that I felt like I can ride anything and would really like to bungee jumping and free falling, I love thrill rides!

"The flight suits are connected to flight cables and on pulling their own rip cord, riders plunge in a 30m free fall at 80 to 90 km/h towards the ground before the swinging upwards in a 180 degree arc and then straight down again."

Pictures from the park's website:

Tied up and ready to go and I would guess the guy is telling them they will have to pull the cord, their expressions are just priceless, at least no one took a picture of me at that point this close.

They are flying!

4 comments:

Arabized said...

That looks like soo much fun!!

I dont really like the idea of 'falling' but i would definitly try it out. :D

MJ said...

It was so much fun!!

and instead of thinking of it as falling think of it as flying. ;)

محمد وافي said...

sooooooooooooooooooooooo fun ..


in which park ?

MJ said...

Ratanga Park, Cape Town, South Africa.