Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Flowers make me happy.

After a long day hopping from one class to another at the university; talking to people, reading, writings, studying, and meetings and planning, I leave my class and walk tiredly toward the gate.

I walk through the food court and see all these students, studying, talking, eating, laughing, crying, sulking, or just sitting there wondering what are they doing in such a place. Then you notice the professors here and there just there to grab something to eat before running to their offices or classes or maybe back home where the food is so bad that they are instead eating at the university.

The food court is the heart of the university; it's where you breathe all that youth energy and vibe and feel it.

Women from different nationalities and backgrounds each has her own history and plan for the future and is here for a different reason; they all meet here.

This week there is a flowers festival and so the food court and corridors are crowded with flowers and plants – it's a green world in our university this week. J

I had to stay for an hour after classes on Monday so I decided to go check the flowers. I blocked all voices because it was so crowded and walked back and forth many times; I just couldn't have enough of the flowers and plants.

I don't know flowers and plants because memorizing names would be such a headache for me, but I love flowers and I know that, the roses were so nice and they wouldn't sell them because they are not for sale. I almost cried right there and then because I wanted those roses!

I wanted to buy a flower for many people but didn't buy any because they wouldn't give me the roses I wanted!

I left the building and was feeling so light, as if I was flying not walking outside. The green grass and blue sky just makes me high when there is no burning sun.

I didn't want to walk on the pavement; I wanted to walk on the grass. I didn't want to walk straight and get there fast; I wanted to capture the moment and save it for a bad day. I didn't want to block the sounds; I wanted to listen to the birds and the quietness.

Thinking of a day like that will always bring back a hint of a smile, and that's what I want to remember after I graduate.

I felt so happy and wanted to share that.

What's something that you will miss in your routine these days when these days are over?

3 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

ok..what kind of drug are you using, and where can i get it?

:P

Arabized said...

ohh mj i know what you are talking about! I had the same experience last night. I decided to take a shortcut from the bus stop through the building(where the exhibition is taking place) to get to the university gates to go home. After a long day in abu dhabi, it was such a nice greeting home. The flowers are truly stunning!! I wanted to buy them, but they weren't for sale :/. I will always remember that day. Walking down the long, quiet corridor, observing the flowers and taking in their beautiful scent. :)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! percocet imprint http://www.propecia-4.info Anti cellulite cream comparison Sentinel home security system free junk email filter No essay scholarship Stay at home milfs Short essay scholarship