Wednesday, February 01, 2006

JUMP!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.- Mark Twain

It's good in every way to do something new, something that will make your heart beats faster, something that before you do you know that it's not safe, that it won't be all fun, but just do it because normality and consistency kills something inside every person whether they realize it or not; it's their choice if they want to live with that or not.

I always hated to be just 'one of them' but I found today that I also don't like being the different one; being starred at and talked to as if you are really from a different plant.

Go out there and do something you thought once you would never do, go jump in a freezing pool or try some new food or buy an extra bright or dye your hair a new color try to have fun doing it do.

My best wishes to all these people out there who still have to go to school or work tomorrow, I feel sorry for y'all because I got Monday off and tomorrow too!

For the first time in a long time, I can't think of a book to read so please if anyone out there in this world has some really good books recommendations, I need help!

(This post was written yesterday but I couldn't post it because internet is not working at home, Etisalat better fix the problem before Saturday. I know where the boss live and his children! *devil face*)

8 comments:

Arabized said...

jumping into a pool in the middle of winter seems vaguley familiar.... :P

Arabized said...

i asked my sister what she recently read, and she really liked:

* Kite runner-khalid hussein
*The Devil in the white city


i told her about identity by malouf and the alechmist> she read them both and loved both!

(props to buj for telling me about them)

MJ said...

>>jumping into a pool in the middle of winter seems vaguley familiar<<

yeah, I would love to do that more often! maybe next week? haha.

and my sister asked me if I want to read the Kite runner yesterday because I was whinning to her about not having books to read. I will check it out. thanks.

Arabized said...

no can do next week> i dont think the doctor will let me swim with my sprained ankle.

on another note> My sister and brother really want to go to a camel race. haha. B3eeers!

3li said...

Being the different one is not easy,,,but be different within reason,.,.But If being different means you are living life as you think you should be living it, then screw the rest and their damn gossip and stares,.,.

Experiences have taught me that If being different is within boundaries, then you should be talking to them as if they are from a different planet not the other way around.

did you read memories of a giesha yet? :-)

Arabized said...

oooo memoirs of a geisha is awesome!! totally loved the book.

:)

MJ said...

I read memoirs of a giesha last year, I love the book too! one of the best. can't wait for the movie to come out.

I think I will start reading 'the queen's fool' tonight. inshallah.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »