Saturday, April 08, 2006

Randomness

Is it a Dubai thing or what? That whenever someone is missing for few hours first thing you think of is 'car accident' and grab the phone to call the police and ask. It's a scary thought, but someone I know is usually home before 10:30, he didn't come back until around 12 and his phones was closed, I freaked out!

This week is registration week and in hope to prove to myself and everyone else that 'I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT!' I'm going to take two courses in Arabic next semester! God help my GPA though.
So which of these courses should I take?
Arab-Islamic civilization
Contemporary Civilizations
Global Issues
Individual & Society
To me they all sound like so something I wouldn't take but I have to take one of these courses to graduate! Vote people!

It's also pretty windy today which is not good because we walk in the university a lot so you see abayas flying everywhere.

Sitting here in the food court with friend and sister, sister decided to speak Arabic (Note: before coffee) so she said 'mawjat al7ar' bacseer elyoom'
Biz with her Syrian background said: 'why would it happen today?'
Sister: 'Batseer not Bet9eer!'
Biz: 'You said bet9eer! Will it happen?'
Sister: 'it's not going to happen! It will go! Batseer!'
Biz: 'that's not Arabic!'
Sister: 'it's Arabic! It's from 'sataseer! Satath hab!'
Biz: 'you idiot, why didn't you say satath hab in the beginning'


Batseer in Emarati Arabic is it will go.
Bet9eer in Syrian Arabic is it will happen.

7 comments:

Arabized said...

i vote that you should take
arab-islamic civilization, if it is in english (because its intresting).

but remember this is arabic, which means total memorization so take an easy ass class. thats what im thinking... so take individual and society.

hahaah.

oh and for further information, lets stick to araby fusha! so damn confusing. gosh.
ok you guys speak araby fusha and i'll speak syrian arabic ;)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

and i thought pistachios were bad...look at you two...

lol

;o)

and i can't believe you are actually taking a vote on this subject thing!

lol

:P

MJ said...

Democracy never works! From now on I will be a true dictator!

I registered global issues but can change it anytime until we start classes.

Anyways, what's wrong with pistachios? Mosquitoes are bad. :P

and biz, no syrian arabic!! I need to connect with my culture and blah blah!

Arabized said...

listen MJ if you're going to connect with your culture, please stick to one dialect, ok HOMOUS IS HOMOUS, NOT DANGA OR WHATEVER!

you see? this is not going to work, we are going to spend more time trying to figure out what each of us are trying to say than have a real conversation!

-sigh-

the only solution> you speak araby fus7a and i'll speak syrian :)

....or we'll just speak english.

MJ! HABLA...GLOBAL ISSUES?! the course itself is not as exciting as the title! its going to suck big time :/
they only talk about how america is the enemy and how evil america is and how its going to bring the dajal, and so forth.

-sigh-

oh ALI! hello! you didn't vote. you must vote! express your opinion! What would you choose and why?!
yala 50 word essay on your selection :)

MJ said...

>>HOMOUS IS HOMOUS, NOT DANGA OR WHATEVER!<<

Danga b3enich!

Homos is homos.

If it's not the thing you eat with bread but the one you buy near the cinema (which is no longer there) in Sharjah then that's Na'7aye. That is also known as Sharjah's popcorn. (that last part I made up!)

If it's the boiled thing they eat in ramadan then that's dangao'o or Bajellah.

Everyone out there just correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm very connected to my culture in this matter. :)

Global issues... I really thought it's the best choice? I don't know, I will ask other students I guess.

Ali! now Biz showed you! Instead of just voting you have to write a 50 word essay! Go Biz! Ali yallah, start working on the essay. mwahahaha. (6)

Arabized said...

yes, you are connected to homous, in a strange and disturbing way....
FREAK!

MJ said...

I don't even like homous!