Thursday, June 08, 2006

TBR

Finals are over and summer is here and what else is there to do than read? Well, I can think of few things but none would occupy my time as much as reading, so this is my TBR (to be read) list for the summer which I put together while studying so some might change but most of these books I want to read so badly.

1. kite runner by Khaled Hosseini
2. The history of love by Nicole Krauss
3. The hornet's nest by Jimmy Carter
4. Small island by Andrea Levy
5. Captain Correlli's mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
6. The count of Mont Cristo by Alexandre Dumas pere
7. A suitable boy by Vikram Seth
8. The broker by John Grisham
9. Love in the time of cholera Gabriel Garcia Marquez
10. The beach by Alex Garland
11. Middlesex: A Novel by Jeffrey Eugenides
12. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books by Azar Nafisi
14. The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America (Vintage) by Erik Larson
15. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
16. An Evening of Long Goodbyes : A Novel by Paul Murray
17. Bel Canto: A Novel by Ann Patchett
18. Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell
19. On Thin Ice by Cherry Adair
20. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
21. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan : A Novel by Lisa See
Tangerine Dream (Paperback) by Ken Douglas, Jack Stewart
23. Walk-On by D. Mikels
24. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
25. We Need to Talk About Kevin: A Novel by Lionel Shriver
26. Dead famous by Ben Elton
27. The Autobiography of Malcolm X : As Told to Alex Haley (Mass Market Paperback) by Attallah Shabazz
28. Fahrenheit 451: Rad Bradbury
29. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
30. Me talk pretty one day by David Sedaris

I would be expecting so much book talk on this blog this summer, so I warn!
On another topic, just now another sand storm started and it's cloudy ,so it will probably last for few hours and then it will rain some, just like last few days, it's what I would guess a typical Alain weather. Oh well, at least everyone else think we're so lucky because it's raining!

[EDIT]
... and it's raining!!!

3 comments:

1234dsfs said...

Thats a long list.. You must be a bookworm :)

MJ said...

I have 84 days!

...Some I might not read, but there're more I didn't add to the list yet. It will just depend on my mood.

MJ said...

H87,
Thanks for passing by! I just got reading lolita in tehran and will read it this week insha'allah.